Saturday, April 19, 2008

VSA Surf Jam 19 Apr 08 - HEAT RESULTS

By a SurfWatch Reporter

1.50 PM SLT --
Here are the latest
competition results brought to you exclusively by SurfWatch from the VSA Surf Jam surfing straight from Majini Island sim in Second Life.

Almost all competitors expressed frustration with the waves today. Bellying out and even slipping straight through the wave were some of the problems, coupled with the pressure of the competition.

"I'm not happy with myself," said Socks Clawtooth after heat 2. "I tried a few tricks, didn't go as well as I wanted. I didn' tknow if I could be patient and wait for a different wave or not. But, I'll see what the judges thought of it. My vote isn't the one that counts."

"I really enjoy the friendly nature and feel of the Vibers events. It's competitive, but always fun." said ONeill Auer, winner of the first Surf Jam of 2008 and second place in March's Surf Jam. "I was happy with my waves. I saw some nice waves pass me by whilst the judges had problems with their equipment, but it kept me concentrating on the other waves and I thought I did realy well in the end. However, they are all great surfers and its gonna be hard to tell who will win Surf Jam 3."

"The new Havok4 physics is still an issue with semi submerged boards, but skilled riders seem to be getting used to the new wave behaviour," said judge Sally LaSalle after the first heats. "However, some are still underestimating the increased speed, and sliding off."

Buffy Munro, Abel Halderman,
Wilfrid DeCuir, Cloudy Matova, Socks Clawtooth, AlexSurfer Hirons, ONeill Auerr, Quench Spotter and EvilBob all go through to the semi-finals.

HEAT 1

1.
Buffy Munro (15 points)
2.
Abel Halderman (12.5 points)
3. "Pinky" Pinklady (12 points)
4. Bastante Little (9.5 points)


HEAT 2

1. Wilfrid DeCuir (15
points)
1. AlexSurfer Hirons - (15 points)
3. Cloudy Matova (14
points)
3. Socks Clawtooth (14
points)
5. Bretch Tigerpaw (12
points)

HEAT 3

1. ONeill Auer (16 points)
2. Quench Spotter (15 points)
3. EvilBob (7
points)
- Tony Carter
- no show
- Aluccino Pinazzo - no show

Note: Although
SurfWatch aims to report the competition results accurately and rely on VSA judges announcements during the competition, all results are provisional, pending the final results announcement by the VSA.


No comments: